Steps to Natural Healing and Health
By Chris Barrett
This information is intended as a documentary on a range of things people have chosen to do when confronted by serious illness. This information is based on a combination of my own observations, reading, and research.
Cancer or any serious illness
Diseases seldom attack a healthy body. What this means is that being diagnosed with a serious illness or cancer is also a diagnosis that our body is out of balance. Cancer and serious illness is not necessarily a death sentence, but a challenge to reverse the processes that allowed the cancer to take hold.
The imbalances or processes that cause illness may be in one, or many areas of our lives. It may be a combination of our diet and health practices, our stress levels, our attitude and thought processes, or our environment and overall lifestyle.
Many have discovered that it is important not to attempt overcoming these diseases with one single method, supplement or change but instead using a combination.
Alkalising the system
Eating alkalising foods where possible.
- Green vegetables
- Cabbage juice
- Boiled brown rice and the liquid from it.
- Black Cumin may increase your bone marrow production of immune cells and aid alkalising the body.
Boost the Immune System
- Maroon Bush tea
- Maroon Bush
- Murin Murin
- Prickly Fan Flower
- Currant Bush
- Gurrburu tea
These are Aboriginal bush medicines that have traditionally been used by Aboriginal people for the treatment of cancer, heart disease, intestinal trouble, urinary problems, kidney trouble and general illnesses. For more information on this you can see "Wajari Wisdom" by Estelle Leyland.
Maroon Bush Tea: There have been no medical trials. Research shows anti-tumor activity (Dr P. Kerr & Prof R. Longmore, Curtin Univ. 1991, Dr P. Kerr is now at Charles Sturt University) There are no known side effects and extremely low levels of toxicity.
Reducing Stress and any negative response to it “Stress” is a somewhat over-killed word, however the effects of worry, anxiety, fear, pressure and the hectic pace of life are seen by many as a major contributor to ill health. I encourage you to read the section titled meditation where I document some of my own journey and recovery from stress and burnout.
Adequate sleep is very important. Readers Digest, July 2006 page 124 & 125 quote research that suggest adults need between 7 and 9 hours per night, and if you don’t get enough you may compromise your immune system.
Eating healthy foods
Fruit, vegetables and nuts.
- Flax Seed Oil – Kept refrigerated. It can be mixed with other foods.
- Flax seeds. Also sprouted and eaten as any other sprout.
- Beetroot: This is best raw grated or as an additive to juice.
- Pomegranate. (Shown to reduce prostate specific antigen readings)
- Dark Grape juice, dark skinned grapes (some people eat the seeds as well)
- Blue Berries
- Other purple skinned foods you can use are: red cabbage, and purple onions,
- Avocado, coconut, coconut cream/milk
- Olive Oil - Extra Virgin, un-heat processed
- Brazil nuts: sprouted or soaked are a good source of selenium if grown in soils containing selenium
- Apricot kernels have been used as a cancer treatment.
- Papaya as a food
Papaya Tea: Here's an old recipe: "To Make: Fill a saucepan with as many leaves as you can, cover with water and Simmer for 2 - 3 hours, drain and refrigerate the liquid. Drink one glassful three times a day." It does not taste nice, I’ve tried it! I'm sure people began with a small dose and increased it slowly.
Supplements and Extracts
Most of these will be available in your local health food shop, but some you will need to find and order online.
- Omega 3
- Glucosomine. I prefer the hydrochloride based form, rather than sulfide based, but mix n match. It’s a personal choice.
- Vitamin C – up to 10 g per day. If you get diarrhea reduce the amount.
- Pancreatin tablets or capsules. If you have nausea and weakness that seems linked to the taking of these reduce your use temporarily.
- Enzyme Supplements to aid your digestion. Take these on an empty stomach before you eat. If you can, get some Betaine HCL and the HCL Activator to add to this even better.
- Another Product called Cellular Zeolite, may be worth getting. Check the internet. My research suggests the powdered form is cheaper and equally effective. Zeolite is purported to be very effective in removing heavy metals, herbicides etc from the body.
- Coenzyme Q10
- Green tea extract
- Selenium – I know someone who cured his cancer with selenium. Because it was not available in health food shops at the time he used the selenium from the agricultural supplier made for sheep!
- Vitamin E
- Green Barley Powder
Foods and things to Avoid or have in moderation.
- Cooked and processed foods
- Tomatoes, (in moderation unless they are acid free as in the Roma variety, or specific acid free ones)
- Legumes, nuts and whole grains: wheat, corn, barley, sorghum, and peanuts in moderation (these foods are high in phosphorus)
- Synthetic vitamins
- Foods high in phosphorus: meat, yeast, fish and seeds such as legumes, some nuts, and whole grain
- Heated fats and oils
- Chlorinated water
Think positive, eat and drink healthy. Live life to the full – it’s your life and your privilege.